BARA NKRI on Rally, Market and Supermarket Are Closed – West Papua No.1 News Portal
Connect with us

Politics, Government & Security

BARA NKRI on Rally, Market and Supermarket Are Closed

Published

on

Demosntration held by Bara NKRI on Abepura - Roy Ratumakin

Demosntration held by Bara NKRI on Abepura – Roy Ratumakin

Jayapura, Jubi – A nationalist group held a peaceful rally demanding authorities ban the organizations opposed to the 1945 Constitution and Pancasila in Papua.

Deputy chairman of mob BARA NKRI (People’s Front of Indonesia Sovereignty), Kumar, told Jubi on Thursday (2/6/2016) at Trikora Square that the demonstration was conducted voluntarily and not motivated by other interests.

“We’ve always been silent and now we want to show to Papua that we exist and continue to support Papua to keep integrating with Indonesia,” he said.

Kumar said people joined the rally were coming from different strains of society who wanted all communities in Papua to develop better in the future.

Loading...
;

“If we talked about independence, referendum, then we retreat forward. Let’s us support the government and Special Authonomy to develop more peaceful and better Papua” he said. He added BARA NKRI doesn’t recognize the December 1st but May 1st as the united day of the nation which is the integration day.

“Through this action we also ask the British Government to arrest Benny Wenda and transfer him to the Indenesian Government because he is in the list of wanted person,” he said.

Economic Activities Suspended

Shops at Yotefa Market and the mall in Abepura and its surrounding area were closed since the morning following the circulation of leaflets announcing a rally in the area yesterday.

Marten Sremsrem, security guard from Jayapura Municipal Industry and Cooperation Office, said although the market director urged owners to keep their stores open, vendors preferred to close their shops and participate in the rally.

“The visitors to the market are also reduced, it wasn’t like normal days. Traders from Arso were usualy at the market from the dawn, but today none of them came to the market,” he told Jubi.

In the flyer circulated a day before the rally, BARA NKRI invited people from diffent ethnic, religion, profession to go to the street voicing the unitary state of Indonesia. Further the fraction apologize to the people of the business activity is disturbed for a while.

“We sacrifice our time for a while to create the better economic climate for the long term. Lets us respect our brothers who speak up for the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia,” as mentioned in the flyer.

Hendrika Kowenip has been attacked at Trikora Square during a rally organized by a group calling themselves  BARA NKRI - Jubi/Abeth You

Hendrika Kowenip has been attacked at Trikora Square during a rally organized by a group calling themselves BARA NKRI – Jubi/Abeth You

Woman Attacked During Nationalist Rally

A woman has been attacked at Trikora Square during a rally organized by a group calling themselves BARA NKRI outside the Papua Parliament building.

“I just asked what they asked for in the rally. Suddenly someone beat me. From the square, some were also coming to beat me. Fortunately there are police officers,” Mrs. Hendirka Kowenik told Jubi in front of the Faculty of Community Health of the University of Cenderawasih.

She added those who beat her also took her cloth and hair. She confessed that she wasn’t the only victim.

A man along was also beaten, but he ran when seeing many people coming towards him.

Mrs. Kowenip was crying in front of the Faculty of Community Health.

To Jubi, she also confessed the officers previously wanted to bring her to their office at Abepura Police Office but she was released in front of the faculty without any reason. “They just dropped me from the Trikora Square to in front of the Faculty of Community Health,” said Mrs. Kowenip. (Arjuna Pademme/Abeth You/Roy Ratumakin/Engleberth Wally/rom)

(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Docking their yachts at Jayapura Seaport, foreigners scrutinised by local immigration office

Published

on

By

Four foreign nationals during the investigation at Jayapura Immigration Office. – the courtesy of Immigration Office

Jayapura, Jubi – Jayapura Immigration, Seaport Health Quarantine Office, Maritime and Port Authority secured and interrogated four foreign citizens on Wednesday (18/3/2020) following their act sailing to Jayapura sea and docking private yachts at Jayapura Seaport.

The Head of Jayapura Immigration Gatut Setiawan states the four foreigners arrived in Jayapura by two different yachts. The Singaporean Wong Tet Chong took Ximula-3 Langkawi, while Bruno Coolmet of France came to Jayapura with his wife and future son-in-law by Krypton.

“The four sailed from Sorong, West Papua Province and got clearance from Sorong Immigration. But, as soon they arrived in Jayapura, they were going to the downtown without reporting their arriving to the quarantine office and seaport authority,” said Gatut in Jayapura on Wednesday (18/3/2020).

In his statement, Gatut said Wong Tet Chong initially wanted to sail his yacht to Papua New Guinea but change the destination to Jayapura due to bad weather and engine problem. Besides, the authority of Papua New Guinea has currently closed access to the country.

Loading...
;

“The immigration, quarantine office and seaport authority has interrogated (him) and conducted the thermal check as a procedure of coronavirus anticipation. His body temperature was normal, so we gave him two days to leave the Jayapura water. If he is still around [more than two days], the seaport authority will forcibly pull out his yacht out of Indonesia,” said Gatut.

Meanwhile, Gatut said the immigration did not found any immigration violations conducted by Bruno Coolmet, his wife and their future son-in-law because they have a legal permit to stay until 1 April 2020.

“Although they did not break the immigration rule, they should deal with both quarantine office and seaport authority because [docked and left their yacht at the seaport] without reporting. In the future, we will be more restricted to protect the security of the sea from invasion by foreigners or others by involving the quarantine office, seaport authority and other relevant offices,” said Gatut.

After completing their administrative issue with the quarantine office, the three French national should leave the Jayapura Sea. “The immigration is keeping their documents as a guarantee,” he said.

Earlier, Deputy Governor of Papua Province Klemen Tinal asked the Immigration, Seaport Quarantine Office and other relevant offices to restrict the surveillance over passengers at airports, seaports and other entries to anticipate the spreading of coronavirus to Papua.

“Restriction and inspection should be done more strictly to both foreign and domestic passengers coming to Papua,” he said. (*)

 

Reporter: Alexander Loen

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Headlines

Goliat Tabuni asks independent team to investigate the church burning in Tembagapura

Published

on

Photo illustration. – pixabay.com

Jayapura, Jubi – West Papua Liberation Army (TPNPB) challenge the Government of Indonesia to provide access for an independent investigation team investigating perpetrators behind the burning of a church in Tembagapura Sub-district, Mimika Regency, Papua in a press released by TPNPB. The statement of the Supreme Commander of TPNTP General Goliat Tabuni received by Jubi on Wednesday (18/3/2020).

On Thursday (12/3/2020), the Indonesian Gospel Tent (GKII) Church of Sinai Congregation in Opitawak Village of Tembagapura Sub-district reportedly burned out. The Indonesian security forces pointed finger to TPNPB as perpetrators. However, General Goliat Tabuni denied all allegations in his press release.

In turn, he believes this incident was part of the game playing by the Indonesian security forces to discredit the image of TPNPB in which they have always done for a long time. “This is not new, but [it has happened] since 1960 to the present. The Indonesian Military and Police have done it for a long time,” said Tabuni in his press release.

Furthermore, Tabuni said TPNTP was not surprised by many reports accused them as the perpetrator behind the church burning. Therefore, he challenges the Indonesian Government to provide access to an independent investigation team to investigate.

Loading...
;

Meanwhile, TPNPB spokesperson Sebby Sambon confirms the statement released on behalf of Goliat Tabuni as valid. Further, he says the independent investigation team preferred by TPNPB is a joint investigation team of the United Nation’s Human Rights Council and the National Human Rights Commission of Papua Office.

“If they want to find who is behind the church burning, the Indonesian Government must allow the independent team to investigate. [The independent team is] the Human Rights Council [United Nations] and the National Human Rights Commission of Papua Office,” Sambom told Jubi on Wednesday (18/3/2020).

Furthermore, he said the Indonesian Government should be able to prove their accusation through a fair and impartial legal process, not only pointing fingers to TPNPB. “The Indonesian Military and Police should not just accuse TPNPB, and the Indonesian media should not unilaterally publish the one-side story,” said Sambom.

Meanwhile, Antara News Agency launched the statement of Tembagapura Police Chief Adjunct Commissionaire Hermanto saying the insurgent group led by Lekagak Telenggen and Joni Botak burned down the GKII Sinai Congregation Church in Opitawak Village.

“The church was initially crowded by Opitawak villagers for worshipping and other church activities. However, in several recent weeks, the armed group came to spread terror in this village. People finally have to give in to this situation,” said Hermanto to Antara. (*)

 

Reporter: Benny Mawel

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 97 times, 3 visits today)
Continue Reading

Headlines

Policy to restrict national and foreign citizens visiting Papua is still unclear

Published

on

By

Photo illustration, Coronavirus. – pixabay.com

Jayapura, Jubi – Until Saturday (14/3/2020), the application of policy to restrict both Indonesian and foreign citizens visiting Papua is still unclear notwithstanding the result of the meeting held by the Papuan Regional Coordination Forum in Jayapura on 5 March 2020 to prevent the coronavirus entering Papua.

The Papuan Provincial Secretary Herry Dosinaen says the Papua Provincial Government has followed up the meeting outcome by issuing the Governor’s Instruction. “It includes the Instruction for foreign citizens as well. It will distribute immediately to regencies/municipality and other government institutions. You can check it at the Legal Bureau Office,” says Dosinaen in Jayapura on Thursday (12/3/2020).

Further, he says that the visit restriction for national citizens and prohibition of foreigners entering Papua will apply by intensifying of supervision to airports and ports that are the entry points for outsiders to Papua. “It means those who are on duty must selectively apply this instruction. For example, it should be a further examination to each passenger in the airport, whether they are national or foreign citizens,” he says.

However, until Saturday, Jubi has not yet received the official copy of the instruction. Moreover, on the scene, the policy has not affected the flight schedules in Sentani Airport yet.

Loading...
;

As cited from http://djj.informasibandara.org/ais/web_arrival/web_arrival.php that accessed at 21.30 Papua time, ten flights are scheduled to arrive in the Sentani International Airport during Sunday (15/3/2020). They are including Citilink QG 700 from Makassar (scheduled to arrive at 00.00 Papua time), Lion Air JT 794 from Jakarta (scheduled to arrive at 06.00 Papua time), Lion Air JT3794 from Denpasar (scheduled to arrive at 06.00 Papua time).

Meanwhile, other flights scheduled to arrive at Sentani International Airport on Sunday are GA656 from Jakarta (scheduled to arrive at 06.45 Papua time), Lion Air JT798 from Makassar (scheduled arrived at 06.55 Papua time), Batik Air ID6180 from Jakarta (scheduled to arrive at 07.15 Papua time), Sriwijaya Air SJ 268 from Surabaya (scheduled to arrive at 13.00 Papua time), Garuda Indonesia GA631 from Makassar (scheduled to arrive at 13.45 Papua time), Citilink QG 712 from Makassar (scheduled to arrive at 15.30 Papua time), and Batik Air ID 6182 from Makassar (scheduled to arrive at 16.15 Papua time). The flight schedules to Papua are relatively not changing to the previous before the visit restriction policy to Papua applied.

Separately, on Thursday, the Director of Jayapura Regional Public Hospital Aloysius Giay stated that the hospital authority had asked the quarantine and immigration offices as well as other relevant offices to restrict the examination at the airports, ports and border gates. “It is not only checking the temperature of the body because the instruments already installed at the airport,” admits Giyai.

Moreover, he says the health screening tools have been installed at both Sentani and Frans Kaisiepo airports for checking the health condition of passengers. “We have installed the tools at Sentani and Biak airports, but not for seaports. We have asked the quarantine office to conduct the screening selectively,” says Giyai. (*)

 

Reporter: Alexander Loen

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Most Read Posts

  • No results available

Latest Post

Advertisement

Trending