Minister Nahrawi Accused of Destroying Papuan Football – West Papua No.1 News Portal
Connect with us

Headlines

Minister Nahrawi Accused of Destroying Papuan Football

Published

on

Persipura's supporter while hold a demonstration on last year - Jubi

Persipura’s supporter while hold a demonstration on last year – Jubi

Jayapura, Jubi – The Minister of Youth and Sport Imam Nahrawi is destroying Papuan football, said former Persipura player Nico Dimo.

He said the league competitions in Indonesia are currently suspended following the decision taken by the minister to freeze the Indonesian Football Association (PSSI) that resulted in the termination of the Indonesian Super League (ISL) football competition and despaired Persipura to compete in the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Cup on last year.

Further, Papuan football team for Pre-National Sport Event (PON) that previously won the regional champion on the early match held in Jayapura must do a rematch to ensure their participation in football competition of PON that held in West Java, Dimo told Jubi on Friday (12/2/2016).

“And now how dare is the President Jokowi to remove the Minister of Youth and Sport from his cabinet. Many people are certainly expecting the president can do it if he loved his people and Indonesian football,” he said.

Loading...
;

In addition, he said, now FIFA rejected the minister’s letter asking FIFA’s recognition on the Ad Hoc team proposed by the government although FIFA actually has formed the PSSI Reform Ad Hoc Committee led by Agum Gumelar.

“The solution is now up to Jokowi, who has been elected by the Indonesian people including Papuan people,” he said.

During the time, the government looked reluctant to work with the PSSI Reform Ad Hoc Committee considering the team is a form of the violation of commitment by FIFA official against the Indonesian Government when met the President Joko Widodo at the early of November last year.

At that time, FIFA agreed with the Indonesian Government to form a small team to hold communication with FIFA related to the progress of the Indonesian football. The small team has been established and consisted of Gatot S Dewa Broto, the late Joko Susilo, former Indonesian Sport Committee Chairwoman Rita Subowo, former Director General of Asia Africa Makarim Wibisono, and representative of former national player Dede Sulaiman as members.

Later, FIFA stated to form a PSSI Reform Ad Hoc Team by involving the national football stakeholders represented government, PSSI, PT. Liga Indonesia and player representatives. The government considered this as violation of agreement made between the Indonesian Government and FIFA.

However, PSSI Reform Ad Hoc Committee is optimistic the dispute on national football could be solved before the FIFA Extraordinaty Congress that would be held in Zurich, Switzerland on 26 February.  The Ad Hoc Committee Chairman Agum Gumelar said the minister is now on the same point with the team.

“At least we have same motivation with the minister to resolve the problem on national football. I see the minister also doesn’t want the sanction of FIFA to Indonesia would be lasted. Our discussion is also the same, it is related to the future of national football,” said Gumelar as cited in online media.

He said the key is the government want to get involved in the committee. The reform of national football could run smoothly due to good communication of both sides. Thus the committee could find out the government aspirations and vice versa. “But I am optimistic that the committee and the government would work together to solve this problem,” he said. (Arjuna Pademme/rom)

(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Individuals might take advantage of current situation in Papua for own interests to meet President Widodo

Published

on

Papua parliament member from the Democratic fraction, Emus Gwijangge. – Jubi/Arjuna

Jayapura, Jubi – Emus Gwijangge, Papua parliament member from the Democratic fraction, appeals to any individuals or groups to not exploit the current situation in Papua for their personal or group interests.

He said this to pointing some recent group meetings with President Joko Widodo in Jakarta. The first group, he mentioned, met the president and then proposed some requests, while another group claimed Papuan youth representatives met some state officials. And the most recently some officials of the Indonesian community group in Papua met President Widodo and asked the president to divide the region of Papua into seven indigenous territories in both Papua and Papua Barat provinces.

“Everyone has a right to meet the president. But please do not act on behalf of indigenous Papuans while requesting something to the president,” Gwijangge told Jubi on Wednesday (16/10/2019).

According to him, indigenous Papuans never ask for a title, new regional split or anything else. What they want is the central government sit together with them in a forum facilitated by the third parties addressing some issues that occurred in Papua.

Loading...
;

“What indigenous peoples want is a historical correction as well as the settlement of many cases of human rights violations in Papua. Therefore, the Melanesian race no needs to continue our contention against the central government. We shouldn’t go to Jakarta for asking so many random requests,” he said.

Moreover, he hopes President Widodo and other state officials should carefully accept the proposed meeting by any groups from Papua who claimed to represent indigenous peoples.

He said if the president and state officials want to meet indigenous Papuans, they must invite the indigenous representatives. Also, the provincial government officials, local parliament and Papua’s People Assembly members and religious leaders are there to consider.

“The sort of this representation would guarantee that the aspirations delivered to the president are coming from the indigenous Papuans. It would contribute to the future of our grandchildren for they would not be engaged in the same problems and continuously become victims,” he said.

Meanwhile, Ahmad Taufan Damanik, the Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission, said Komnas HAM has repeatedly advised President Jokowi to come to Papua for a dialogue. The president is suggested meeting people and any relevant stakeholders to solve problems in Papua.

However, he said, the president has contrary invited other groups, who claimed themselves as Papuan leaders, to Jakarta.

“Inviting a group of people from Papua to Jakarta is not what we meant, but the president himself needs to come to Papua,” said Ahmad Taufan. (*)

Reporter: Arjuna Pademme

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 27 times, 10 visits today)
Continue Reading

Headlines

Discrimination handling refugees hurts Papuans

Published

on

Papuan students studying in Java Island in a protest demanding justice for committed violence by the Indonesian military against civilians in Ndugama, Papua – Jubi/AMP Documentation

Jayapura, Jubi – The way government handling the humanitarian conflict in Papua has become a spotlight. Many people think the government are being discriminative in handling Nduga refugees compared to refugees from Wamena.

A native Ndugama Resina Lokbere said that she is discouraged seeing how the government differently treated refugees from both areas. “I see a huge difference approach here. Although the government always declare our national motto ‘unity in diversity’, but I have not seen this applied in Papua. A conflict in Nduga has occurred since 1 December 2018. Since then, Nduga residents must leave their villages and flee to other regions and the jungle to avoid a military operation,” she said.

Moreover, she said if the government are a concern in settling the humanitarian conflict in Papua, they should treat people fairly. The government should treat people equally, regardless of indigenous Papuans or non-Papuans.

“Thousands of youth and children drop out of school, and now they are living under poor health condition. There is economic loses as well. Who knows whether they will be survived or dead after a few months of suffering without enough food and water? I don’t know. Only God is the witness of their suffering,” said Resina whose relatives refuge from Nduga.

Loading...
;

In her view, the way the government handling the issue of refugees can create a barrier in society. She thinks the government has indirectly built a wall between one community to others.

“The government should not perceive conflicts in Nduga and Wamena merely from a political view but also a humanitarian aspect. They are all your people. They need you. They need your action, not your promises on the public stage,” she said.

Meanwhile, a local parliament member Laurenzus Kadepa also think the government has shown different response in handling refugees due to conflicts occurred in Nduga and Wamena.

According to him, he observed that the victims of conflict in Wamena were promptly evacuated or accommodated with adequate facilities. They had enough food and other basic needs during the evacuation. It was opposite to what had happened to Nduga residents. They had to walk for days from their villages to Wamena and other regions.

“While there was a lack of access to food aid distribution for Nduga residents, it didn’t happen for Wamena refugees. They had planes to transport them, shelter and enough food,” he said.

Seeing what has been happening lately in Papua, the relevant stakeholders in Papua and the central government should immediately think a solution to end this current complicated situation. (*)

Reporter: Agus Pabika

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 111 times, 5 visits today)
Continue Reading

Headlines

Five bodies discovered in Mbua, allegedly shot by military culprits

Published

on

Excavation of five bodies discovered in Gua Batu, Mbua. – JapHAM Documentation

Jayapura, Jubi – Residents and activists from Pegunungan Tengah Human Rights Defender Networks (JapHAM) discovered five bodies on Thursday (10/20/2019) in Iniye Village, Mbua Sub-district, Nduga Regency. The bodies are suspected of the shooting victims of military culprits and covered by grass and leaves before being buried in one hole.

Nduga youth leader Samuel Tabuni, who is also a relative of the victims, said the victims left Wamena on 20 September for picking food supplies by car. They went together with a group of young men. Some group members then separated for taking food to their villages. Meanwhile, the victims took their supplies to Gua Batu, Gunung Kanbobo because they lived far away and decided to stay in Iniye Village.

“The next day on 21 September, the five victims went to take the food they stored at Gua Batu. Another group followed them later, but while they were walking, they heard gunfire. They were scared and decided not to continue to their walk to Gua Batu. They walked back to Ineye and called me,” Samuel Tabuni told on Thursday (10/10/2019).

However, after the call, he wasn’t sure about what had happened in Ineye. So he asked the police for further investigation. But the police said there was no report of the shooting incident in Mbua.

Loading...
;

“The victims are my relatives, so I must continue to find the truth. After twenty days, it finally reveals that allegedly military culprits have shotted these five people,” said Samuel Tabuni.

He said a resident who called him witnessed military personnel at around Gua Batu.

The five bodies later identified as Mrs Yuliana Dorggi (35), Mrs Jelince Bugi (25), Mrs Macen Kusumbrue (26), Tolop Bugi (13) and Hardius Bugi (15).

“Local people and JapHAM Pegunung Tengah led by Theo Hesegem discovered their bodies,” said Samuel Tabuni.

Meanwhile, Kodam (regional military command) XVII/Cenderawasih admitted to Jubi that they have not yet received any information regarding the shooting incident in Iniye Village.

“We have not received an official report from the local unit,” said Colonel Eko Daryanto, Kodam spokesperson, to Jubi via WhatsApp.

Since a military conflict occurred in Nduga in the early of December last year, 189 residents are reportedly dead because of starvation in a refugee camp or shot by the military and police. Following the incident, thousands of Nduga residents have fled, and 39 churches have vacated.

Currently, according to Samuel Tabuni, Nduga residents demand the government to withdraw the joint military and police troops from Nduga. Furthermore, Nduga urgently needs humanitarian aid to supply food, medicine and support from the international humanitarian organisation to conduct an independent investigation on human rights violations in Nduga.

Meanwhile, Papua Governor Lukas Enembe hope Nduga refugees are not treated differently with refugees from another conflict in Wamena.

“Nduga residents are also the Indonesian citizens who should be treated equally as other residents,” said Governor Enembe.

Further, he said the case of Nduga refugee is an extraordinary case related to a humanitarian issue.

Therefore, he said he already communicated with the regents of Jayawijaya and Lanny Jaya because most of Nduga refugees are currently staying in these two regencies. He asked the regents from both regencies to treat Nduga refugees well because they are also Papuan citizens who need the attention of the government. (*)

 

Reporter: Victor Mambor

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 64 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Most Read Posts

Latest Post

Advertisement

Trending