Wamena, Jubi – The Government of Nduga District currently is in desperate need of teachers for all levels of education, kindergarten to high school.
Thousands of children in Papua are allegedly glue-sniffing addicted
Merauke, Jubi – Papua Education Office is focussing on drafting a regional regulation on education. This education bill plans to cover the rights of teachers and students.
“One of our priorities is (the education for) children of glue-sniffing addicted. They are mostly indigenous Papuans. In Merauke, they are quite significant in number,” told the Head of Papua Education Office Christian Sohilait on Saturday (1/2/2020).
Based on his staff’s report, Christian said that at least around ten thousand children assumed in Papua has addicted to glue-sniffing. This situation is very alarming,and need to address immediately.
“With this huge number (of glue-sniffers), how can we ignore and not pay attention to them? It will turn to be a special case to address urgently,” said Sohilait.
Concerning this behaviour among children, he thinks it links with the lack of support from family and parenting responsibility.
“Once they were born, parents should take care of and raise their children as well as provide education for them.”
Meanwhile, the Deputy Chair of Merauke local parliament Dominikus Ulukyanan admits the case of glue-sniffing addiction among children in the region.
“It is the responsibility of all parties to embrace as well as to provide ongoing assistance (to glue sniffing addicts).” (*)
Reporter: Ans K
Editor: Pipit Maizier
Manokwari Regent orders officials to aware of coronavirus
Manokwari, Jubi – Manowari Regent Demas Paulus Mandacan instructed Manokwari Health Office to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Mandacan declared that Manokwari is among regions of high risks of coronavirus spread.
He admitted knowing the status of coronavirus high alert in Manokwari from the press release issued by the Minister of Health. “I have instructed both regional secretariat and health office as well as relevant offices to conduct a preventive action immediately,” said Mandacan in Manokwari on Monday (26/1/2020).
According to him, Manokwari includes in the list of regions with a high level of vigilance towards the coronavirus outbreak concerning many Chinese workers in this region. These workers mostly work in PT SIDIC Semen Maruni, he said.
Meanwhile, the Provincial Health Office of West Papua Otto Parorongan confirms the report about a resident in Sorong had a symptom similar to coronavirus symptom. The suspect patient is now under medical treatment in Sele Belu Hospital, Sorong.
“That’s right that one person in Sorong is coronavirus suspect, but it is still under examination. So it could not categorise as coronavirus case. People should not be panic, because the medical staffs have taken steps to anticipate this,” Otto told Jubi reporter in Manokwari. (*)
Reporter: Hans Kapisa
Editor: Pipit Maizier
A suspected coronavirus tourist in Raja Ampat confirms from Hong Kong
Sorong, Jubi – A tourist from Hong Kong identified as YP, who visits Raja Ampat, West Papua Province, has been suspected of being infected with the coronavirus. Currently, he is under treatment at Sele be Hospital in Sorong City.
“He initially visited Raja Ampat for diving, but experienced fever and pain. He then referred to Pertamina Sorong Hospital on 25 January 2020,” said the Director of Sele be Solu Hospital dr Mavkren J Kambuaya on Monday (27/1/2020).
Now, YP is treated with medicine to reduce fever and pain while his condition is getting better. Regarding the case, the hospital has coordinated with the local health quarantine department and health office for further examination. “This is to find out whether the patient is the coronavirus suspect,” added Kambuaya.
Dr Kambuaya further explained that they should conduct a further respiratory examination. The result will be sent to Jakarta to confirm whether the patient has coronavirus or not. Meanwhile, YP will be in quarantine for seven to fourteen days for further examination.
However, Dr Kambuaya asked people not to worry. “Because it is still suspected, not yet a case,” he explained. (*)
Editor: Pipit Maizier
Most Read Posts
- Stop criminalization over Papuan activists and free political prisoners
- The way Papuansphoto Community calls to protect Cycloop
- Bad weather caused Indonesian Army's MI-17 crash in Papua
- DVI Team identifies 10 victims of crashed MI-17 helicopter
- Sayang Mandabayan charged with treason, legal counsellor applying an exception
- Legal counsel Warinussy: We refute the prosecutor’s indictment and will submit an exception 17 February 2020
- Sayang Mandabayan charged with treason, legal counsellor applying an exception 17 February 2020
- DVI Team identifies 10 victims of crashed MI-17 helicopter 17 February 2020
- Bad weather caused Indonesian Army’s MI-17 crash in Papua 17 February 2020
- Stop criminalization over Papuan activists and free political prisoners 12 February 2020
- Bersama Apparel Specs, harga jersey Persipura melonjak 17 February 2020
- Tingkatkan asupan gizi anak dengan metode demonstrasi emosional 17 February 2020
- Kasus Paniai ditetapkan sebagai pelanggaran HAM berat 17 February 2020
- Bisnis miras tidak berkontribusi terhadap PAD karena ilegal 17 February 2020
- Pemkab Jayapura janji tutup semua penjualan miras 17 February 2020
- Dana Desa akan ditransfer langsung ke rekening kampung 17 February 2020
- Terdongkrak kenaikan impor mesin, nilai impor non migas Papua naik 0,45 persen 17 February 2020
- Pelestarian hutan sagu hanya komitmen di atas kertas 17 February 2020
Headlines1 year ago
Three refugees reportedly died in Nduga Forest
Headlines11 months ago
Indonesian Military: Papuan Rebels Mount Deadly Attack on Soldiers
Health & Education Service5 years ago
Sex Education Taught at School In Jayawijaya
Headlines1 year ago
Papuan people demand the President to withdraw troops from Nduga
Analysis4 months ago
Urgent international intervention in the Regency of Nduga, Papua Province, Indonesia : Open Letter
Human Right11 months ago
32,000 people flee violence in Papua – rights group
Headlines5 months ago
A tragic story from Deiyai Regent Office
Analysis6 months ago
The origin of Indonesian racism towards Papuans and its implication to a Free West Papua Movement