No Health Workers at Yowong – West Papua No.1 News Portal
Connect with us

Health & Education Service

No Health Workers at Yowong

Published

on

Public health sub-center (Pustu) of Yowong Village - Jubi

Public health sub-center (Pustu) of Yowong Village – Jubi

Jayapura, Jubi – For the last six months there have been no health workers at the public health sub-center (Pustu) of Yowong Village located alongside of Abepura Highway in Arso Sub-district of Keerom Regency.

The only nurse who serves at the Pustu is currently on study leave.
“Before he continued his study, we asked him to talk to the Health Office to assign another staffer, but no one was assigned to replace him,” a resident Marten Dyan told at home on sunday (15/11/2015).

He said the residents were struggling to get medical treatment if they were ill or got accident. They must take the patients to Arso Swakarsa in Keerom or Abepura Public Hospital in Jayapura Municipality. “It also depends on their ability to pay. Sometimes we use the motorbikes, or sometimes we use the public transportation,” he said.

The Pustu building looks deserted, while the local residents desperately need the medical staff, especially for emergency. Generally, people who are mostly indigenous Papua have high risk of malaria disease. “Well, it is normal for the farmers to often get malaria disease,” he said.

Loading...
;

The similar complain also come from the residents of Baboria Village where Pustu has not established yet. To get medical treatment, people should go to Arso 8, Dukwia Village or Arso I, which the distance between two locations is approximately two kilometers. “People used to go to the nearest location by motorbikes, and for those who have no motorbike, they usually asked their neighbors to drop because no public transportation here,” Roy Kogoya, a resident who has 25 years living in the village. (Mawel Benny/rom)

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

HIV/AIDS transmission in Jayapura Regency claimed to decline

Published

on

By

Photo illustration of health services. – Pexels.com

Sentani, Jubi – Jayapura Health Office claims HIV/AIDS cases in Jayapura Regency has declined with only 3,202 cases occurred until last year.

“HIV/AIDS prevention is a complex issue. It would not only the responsibility of the health office, but all parties should contribute in educating the community,” said Pungut Sunarto, the Division Head of Disease Prevention and Management of the Jayapura Regional Health Office, on Tuesday (21/1/2020).

People living with HIV/AIDS in Jayapura Regency are mostly the productive age group ranging from 20-49 years old. There are also infants and children among patients.

“We are always updating the report on people living with HIV/AIDS [in our region]. If not, they would not be able to access the ARV,” said Pungut.

Loading...
;

He further said that the family plays a crucial role in preventing HIV/AIDS transmission. Similarly, he continued, life endurance among people living with HIV/AIDS depends on the support from their closest family.

“Those living with HIV/AIDS who regularly take their medicines (ARV) can reduce their medicine (ARV) can reduce the risk of virus transmission. So, please do not blame and stigmatise them,” said Pungut.

Meanwhile, a Sentani resident Edison Sineri agrees that parents have a significant role in preventing their children from behaviours that likely lead to the transmission of HIV/AIDS and other sexual diseases.

“Currently, young people are easily get involved in promiscuity that difficult to control by parents. It possibly leads them to negative behaviours.” (*)

 

Reporter: Yance Wenda

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 9 times, 2 visits today)
Continue Reading

Headlines

Autonomy budget cut off, Jayawijaya Government reduce supplementary feeding budget

Published

on

By

Photo illustration of milk. -Pixabay.com

Wamena, Jubi – The Government of Jayawijaya Regency has reduced the number of schools to receive funding on the Supplementary Feeding Program (PMTAS). The reduction relates to the Special Autonomy Funds cut off for the PON (the National Games) 2020

Nurlili, an official at the Jayawijaya Village Community Empowerment Office (DPMK), said last year the program was running in five schools in Napua, Maima, Musaftaf, Wita Waya and Wadangku subdistricts.

“There allocate for only two schools this year because of the budget cut off for the PON. We depend on the Special Autonomy Funds for this program,” Nurlili said in Wamena on Tuesday (21/1/2020).

In 2020, the local government plans to implement the program in four sub-districts, namely Asolokobal, Wesaput, Muliama and Tagime. “But, Muliama and Tagime sub-districts are a bit far, so we decided to implement the program in the zone two, namely in SD YPPK Hepuba in Asolokobal Sub-district and SD Inpres Wesaput in Wesaput Subdistrict,” he said.

Loading...
;

The budget allocation for PMTAS Year 2020 reduced from IDR 857 million to IDR 468 million.

However, Nurlili hopes that in February they can conduct training for teachers and women at sub-districts and village levels on healthy food for children.

“At the end of the training, we will purchase some items that are not available in sub-districts and villages to deliver in March. They will be cooking food for the pupils, and we will monitor its implementation. There will be a payment for the cooks, but they should submit the report first,” he said.

In addition to food ingredients, the local government also provides cash for schools to purchase some food from the local markets to help the cash flow of villages and sub-districts.

“This program is very critical because President Jokowi has instructed us to decrease stunting among children. Therefore, we allocate the PMTAS for the primary school children because it is their growth period,” he said. (*)

 

Source: ANTARA

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 10 times, 3 visits today)
Continue Reading

Headlines

Papua Government will find solutions for exodus students

Published

on

By

Papua Provincial Secretary Herry Dosinaen was speaking in front of hundreds of exodus students at the court of Papuan People’s Assembly’s office – Wednesday (22/1/2020). – Jubi/Agus Pabika

Jayapura, Jubi – The Provincial Government of Papua would attempt to address problems facing the exodus students who continue to stay in Jayapura City, Papua.

Papua Provincial Secretary Herry Dosinaen told hundreds of exodus students who wish to meet Papua Governor Lukas Enembe in a meeting facilitated by the Papuan People’s Assembly.

“The governor just called saying he now has a meeting with the Minister of Home Affairs and Minister of Education. They talk about the possibility listed exodus students for being able to resume their studies at their former educational institutions,” the provincial secretary told hundreds of exodus students on Wednesday (22/1/2020).

Meanwhile, Papuan House of Representatives’ Chairman Jhony Banua Rouw hopes the meeting between the provincial government, local parliament and the exodus students can accommodate both parties to a better solution.

Loading...
;

“We are trying to find solutions for these students because it is not easy for them to return to their former cities of study and adapt to it. However, we can find a way to make them feel safe,” he said.

According to him, before the students return to their former cities of study, it is the government’s responsibility for ensuring that the students would be safe and secured. Therefore, there will be no more racism incidents to occur in the future.

“We must take immediate actions before the enrolment begins to avoid late enrolment that can affect their academic result and emotion in the cities of study,” he said. (*)

 

Reporter: Agus Pabika

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Most Read Posts

Latest Post

Advertisement

Trending