Papua Governor Disappointed with Provincial Head Offices’ Performance – West Papua No.1 News Portal
Connect with us

Politics, Government & Security

Papua Governor Disappointed with Provincial Head Offices’ Performance

Published

on

Papua Governor, Lukas Enembe - Jubi

Papua Governor, Lukas Enembe – Jubi

Jayapura, Jubi – Papua Governor Lukas Enembe expressed his disappointment with the performance of provincial head offices, saying they had not been pro-active in coordinating with him.

“To be honest I always keep my cell phone active for twenty four hours, but no single head offices called me for coordination,” Enembe recently told reporters in Jayapura on Monday (8/8/2016).

He reminded all provincial head offices to be able to report the progress of their current programs as well as their future plans. “They should give me the report, but they didn’t. I don’t know what is the reason, whether it is because of the governor was acted so nice or the opposite,” he added.

Further he warned the provincial head offices to immediately correct their attitudes and lack of discipline in doing their tasks and being responsive towards the Provincial Government’s goals. “I want all head offices to work hard, but it is our challenge that our duty is that hard,” said Enembe.

Loading...
;

According to him, to achieve the government’s goal, the head offices must work harder and do coordination with the governor. In addition, they are not allowed to use the Implementation Budget Document as personal budget, because it is allocated to the programs related to people’s welfare.

“I don’t know has it already become our habit or not? Soon they were inaugurated, they worked without coordination,” he said.

For that reason he warned the appointed head offices to not being contented, because possibly they wont be served forever. “I also instructed all provincial offices to train their staffs to help them keep running the working program while they were on mission,” he said. (*/rom)

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Lawyers question commitment over Papuan political prisoners’ right

Published

on

By

Three of seven Papuan political prisoners. – Jubi/Piter Lokon

Nabire, Jubi – The Papua Coalition for Law Enforcement and Human Rights urges the attorney general to fulfil the right of health for seven political prisoners detained in Balikpapan, Kalimantan Timur and consider it as a neglection of the prisoners’ rights.

“We release this statement after one of our clients experienced vomiting blood. He had an internal disease issue,” said the Coordinator Emanuel Gobay on Friday (24/1/2020).

The coalition team asks the Papuan Attorney General’s commitment to providing the right of health to the prisoners as previously promised. It never occurred. Indeed, the Attorney General has neglected their family’s right to visit.

“If the seven detainees were in Papua, of course, their family can come to visit and find an alternative for health treatment.

Loading...
;

Therefore, Gobay urges the Attorney General of Papua to recall the seven political prisoners to Jayapura. He said the security issue is no longer relevant as a reason to allocate their trial outside of Papua.

“It is unfair (for the seven detainees) referred that all the trial hearings of anti-racism case held in Papua. All those trials are going well and safe,” asserted Gobay.

Meanwhile, a coalition member Oktovianus Tabuni added that in principle the seven political prisoners are respecting their legal process. However, they want to have their trial in Papua.

“The principle of a trial is to have a timely and low-cost process. Do not let it (the trial) float up like what has been happening now,” said Tabuni. (*)

 

Reporter: Titus Ruban

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 44 times, 2 visits today)
Continue Reading

Headlines

Autonomy budget cut off, Jayawijaya Government reduce supplementary feeding budget

Published

on

By

Photo illustration of milk. -Pixabay.com

Wamena, Jubi – The Government of Jayawijaya Regency has reduced the number of schools to receive funding on the Supplementary Feeding Program (PMTAS). The reduction relates to the Special Autonomy Funds cut off for the PON (the National Games) 2020

Nurlili, an official at the Jayawijaya Village Community Empowerment Office (DPMK), said last year the program was running in five schools in Napua, Maima, Musaftaf, Wita Waya and Wadangku subdistricts.

“There allocate for only two schools this year because of the budget cut off for the PON. We depend on the Special Autonomy Funds for this program,” Nurlili said in Wamena on Tuesday (21/1/2020).

In 2020, the local government plans to implement the program in four sub-districts, namely Asolokobal, Wesaput, Muliama and Tagime. “But, Muliama and Tagime sub-districts are a bit far, so we decided to implement the program in the zone two, namely in SD YPPK Hepuba in Asolokobal Sub-district and SD Inpres Wesaput in Wesaput Subdistrict,” he said.

Loading...
;

The budget allocation for PMTAS Year 2020 reduced from IDR 857 million to IDR 468 million.

However, Nurlili hopes that in February they can conduct training for teachers and women at sub-districts and village levels on healthy food for children.

“At the end of the training, we will purchase some items that are not available in sub-districts and villages to deliver in March. They will be cooking food for the pupils, and we will monitor its implementation. There will be a payment for the cooks, but they should submit the report first,” he said.

In addition to food ingredients, the local government also provides cash for schools to purchase some food from the local markets to help the cash flow of villages and sub-districts.

“This program is very critical because President Jokowi has instructed us to decrease stunting among children. Therefore, we allocate the PMTAS for the primary school children because it is their growth period,” he said. (*)

 

Source: ANTARA

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Headlines

Local leaders are looking for conflict resolution in Papua

Published

on

By

Participants during group discussions to discuss the disputes and Special Autonomy in Papua at Swissbell Hotel Jayapura, Papua. – Jubi/Piter Lokon

Jayapura, Jubi – Some youth leaders in Papua discussed to find solutions over several conflicts recently occurred in Papua on Saturday (25/01/2020).

A Papuan youth leader Samuel Tabuni said the event held to respond to some humanitarian conflicts in Papua. The discussion also examined the clarity of the Special Autonomy bill that is currently under review of Prolegnas (national legislation program).

“This event was held to resolve the conflicts in Papua in a comprehensive and dignified manner. I come from Nduga, and personally, I am raising the voice of my tribe everywhere because they are part of my life,” said Tabuni.

Meanwhile, the First Assistance of Papuan Provincial Secretary, Doren Wakerwa, appreciated this forum by saying that many conflicts occurred in Papua are not the first time to happen.

Loading...
;

“Problems in Papua Province are not just emerging now, but it was already here since the integration,” said Wakerwa.

In his speech, he remarked the Governor’s message as the region head in Papua Province asking the people of Papua to set these problems properly.

“Solve these problems by putting forward love and affection. By that, all conflicts and problems in the Land of Papua would be solving properly. But it would not be going to happen if we ignore it,” he said.

Attending in this forum are sixteen speakers including Papua Governor Lukas Enembe, West Papua Governor Dominggus Mandacan, Military Commander of Cenderawasih XVII Herman Asaribab, Papua Police Chief Paulus Waterpau and the chairs of Papuan People’s Assembly and West Papuan People’s Assembly. (*)

 

Reporter: Piter Lokon

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Most Read Posts

Latest Post

Advertisement

Trending