Jayapura, Jubi – Pahang FC Club have been forced to return to Malaysia after its foreign players were refused entry, putting an AFC Cup match with Persipura Jayapura scheduled for Tuesday (26/5/2015) at Mandala Stadium in jeopardy.
Pahang CEO Fahrizal Hasan said on Twitter on Monday morning (24/5/2015): ” Three foreign players were detained by immigration and deported while other players must stay at the airport last night. So disappointed with PSSI (Indonesian Football Association)!”
Pahang FC secretary Fuzeime Ibrahim said the Indonesian embassy in Kuala Lumpur had earlier promised the players on arrival.
“The application documents concerning visa arrangements for our four foreign players, namely Dickson Nwakaema (Nigeria), Damian Stewart (Jamaica), Zesh Rahman (Pakistan) and Matias Conti (Argentina), were submitted to the Indonesian embassy in Kuala Lumpur on 18 May 2015. From here, the embassy promised everything will be fine and the immigration will issue visa on Arrival,” Ibrahim told reporters in Jakarta.
Meanwhile, Persipura’s spokesperson Rocky Bebena said Persipura had sent a letter to BOPI (Indonesian Professional Sport Body) for visa applications. “We had the letter of reply from BOPI but without the number of letter, stamp and signature of the chairman. We finally sent back the letter via email and got the second completed letter of reply,” said Bebena.
He questioned why the incident had happened to Pahang FC since BOPI sent the recommendation letter for Persipura at the same day with the recommendation letter for Persib Bandung. The fact is the guest of Persib Bandung had no problem with their visa arrangements.
In separate place, BOPI staff for Organization Affairs, Rubby Saputra said Persipura has emailed them concerning visa arrangement for their guests on Friday (22/05) at 16:00 Jakarta time, two hours late from Persib Bandung. “But in principle, both applications are approved,” he said as cited by goal.com.
He also admitted that on Saturday (23/05) at 15:00 Jakarta time, he resent the recommendation for Pesipura because there’s a technical mistake with the first letter, sending without a signature of the Chairman of BOPI. (Victor Mambor/rom)
Papua Bangkit Stadium will ready in March 2019
Jayapura, Jubi – Sports Department of Papua Province is targeting the construction of Papua Bangkit Stadium which meets the FIFA standard located in Kampung Harapan, Jayapura Regency will finish in March 2019
Meanwhile, the Department Head of infrastructure management of Sports and Youth Provincial Office Bernard Sitorus claimed the construction has 97 per cent finished. It only needs small finishing works.
“We continue to push our works, so it would be ready when President Widodo come for its launching,” Sitorus told reporters in Jayapura on Thursday (24/1/2019).
This 45,000-capacity stadium that spent approximately IDR 1.3 trillion of Papua Provincial Budget would be one of the biggest stadiums built in the eastern Indonesia region.
Separately, Dolly Abu Zain, the Site Engineering Manager of PT PP Tbk, added to accelerate the construction, approximately 900 workers were involved in this project, and some facilities including LED and electronic scoreboard have already been installed.
Meanwhile, the instalment of paving blocks for road access to the stadium has 100 per cent completed, as well as the roof installation. Now the homework left is to finish the instalment of the synthetic track.
“Meanwhile, it only needs small finishing works for the inside of the stadium. All chairs (for the audience) already installed,” said Dolly. (*)
Reporter: Alexander Loen
Editor: Pipit Maizer
Freeport supports 8.5 billion for Persipura, possibly add 1.5 billion more
Jayapura, Jubi – Finally a sponsorship to Persipura from Freeport Indonesia was approved. The value is the same as that has given by Bank Papua, which is Rp8, 5 billion.
“They (Freeport) will add Rp1, 5 billion more if Persipura becomes the champion,” said Persipura’s spokesperson and chairman, Benhur Tomi Mano known as BTM, in his release.
He was accompanied by Persipura Manager Rudy Maswi, the General Secretary Rocky Bebena and Media Officer Bento Madubun to meet the Freeport Indonesia Representatives, Clementino Lamury, Riza Primary, Napoleon Saway and Spencer Paoh, on Thursday (January 18th). As the result of the meeting, PT. Freeport Indonesia agreed to give Rp 8.5 Million fund to Persipura.
“They are also willing to disburse more funds in the near future for the team,” added the number one person in this Jayapura city. He also said that in the near future, all the players would be gathered and get ready for the training camp. “Next week we will gather all players so we can practice,” he said.
Further, he also hopes that the players who are licensed for the President Cup to maintain their condition and avoid injury.
“The ones like Boaz, Justin and Frisca, I hope they keep fit, and avoid injuries. Especially those important players, they have also told me that they will take care of themselves. I also hope that the former players who move to a new club may try to become a major player or a core player in his club, we pray for their success in a new place, God bless,” said the chairman of Persipura.(tabloidjubi.com)
Persipura Squad to Be Announced Soon
Jayapura, Jubi – Persipura Jayapura will announce their squad who will compete in the Indonesian Soccer Championship (ISC) that starts on 15 April before Monday.
Black Pearls chairman Benhur Tommy Mano told reporters in Jayapura on Saturday (2/4/2016) that besides the name of players, Persipura management would also announce a new coach and assistant coach as well.
“We will announce it soon. No later than Monday (4/4/2016), the name of players, coach and assistant coach as well as physical trainer has been announced,” he said.
Mano said there is relatively no change for the local players. “I don’t want to speculate about the players we’ll keep, just see,” he said,
However, the foreign players such as Yoo Jae Hoon (goal keeper) and Edward Wilson, it’s clear. “But, just wait until we announce it on Monday,” he added.
Mano said the manager would be a foreigner, but he declined to disclose details about him.
“Clearly he is from abroad, we will announce it all including the name of local coach we hire,” he said.
Earlier, the Indonesian Professional Sport Body (BOPI) reportedly has approved the Indonesian Soccer Championship (ISC). The football completion would be held by PT Gelora Trisula Semesta (GTS) on 15 April 2016.
BOPI Secretary General Heru Nugroho at Sport Ministry Office on Saturday stated BOPI would approve all sport tournaments as long as it upholds the professionalism.
“BOPI will approve all sport tournaments as long as it could refer to the rules of professionalism, moreover if it is for a long term,” Nugroho said. (Alexander Loen/rom)
Most Read Posts
- Police collect evidence on the alleged assault, AG has not yet investigated
- Stop criminalization over Papuan activists and free political prisoners
- Raja Ampat Government accused to violate tenure rights over two years of land occupation
- The way Papuansphoto Community calls to protect Cycloop
- Bad weather caused Indonesian Army's MI-17 crash in Papua
- DVI Team identifies 10 victims of crashed MI-17 helicopter 17 February 2020
- Bad weather caused Indonesian Army’s MI-17 crash in Papua 17 February 2020
- Stop criminalization over Papuan activists and free political prisoners 12 February 2020
- The way Papuansphoto Community calls to protect Cycloop 12 February 2020
- Police collect evidence on the alleged assault, AG has not yet investigated 9 February 2020
- Gempa magnitudo 5,6 terjadi di Seram Timur dan Fakfak 16 February 2020
- Pemulangan penumpang kapal pesiar Diamond Princess sedang disiapkan 16 February 2020
- AS kembali tekan China agar gabung perundingan nuklir 16 February 2020
- Gempa tektonik M 5,8 guncang Seram Timur dan Fakfak 16 February 2020
- SAMN dorong PON di Papua tanpa minol 16 February 2020
- Presiden Jerman sebut sejumlah negara ini semakin bahaya dunia 16 February 2020
- Virus corona, Turis asal China di Prancis meninggal 16 February 2020
- Otsus belum berhasil sejahterakan rakyat Papua 16 February 2020
Headlines1 year ago
Three refugees reportedly died in Nduga Forest
Headlines11 months ago
Indonesian Military: Papuan Rebels Mount Deadly Attack on Soldiers
Health & Education Service5 years ago
Sex Education Taught at School In Jayawijaya
Headlines1 year ago
Papuan people demand the President to withdraw troops from Nduga
Analysis4 months ago
Urgent international intervention in the Regency of Nduga, Papua Province, Indonesia : Open Letter
Human Right11 months ago
32,000 people flee violence in Papua – rights group
Headlines5 months ago
A tragic story from Deiyai Regent Office
Analysis6 months ago
The origin of Indonesian racism towards Papuans and its implication to a Free West Papua Movement