Regional heads in Papua asked not to misuse authority for gratification – West Papua No.1 News Portal
Connect with us

Headlines

Regional heads in Papua asked not to misuse authority for gratification

Published

on

A coordination and evaluation meeting of the integrated corruption eradication program attended by regents, mayor, regional secretary and department heads of Papua. – Jubi / Alex

Jayapura, Jubi – Indonesia’s Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) asked the regional heads in Papua to not misuse their positions for their benefits.

The Coordinator of KPK Regional VIII Adlinsyah Malik Nasution said people are encouraged to report to KPK if they know a regional head commits it. “I got information about a regional head misuses his authority, but his regional secretary denied it. So what did exactly his regional secretary do? So, to whom did it, I warn him to get ready,” said Adliansyah during the coordination and evaluation meeting on the integration corruption eradication program attended by regents, mayor, regional secretary and department heads of Papua Provincial Government in Jayapura on Tuesday 21/5/2019).

Moreover, he gave an example of the corruption case by the regents of Nganjuk, Cirebon and Klaten. They were proven to misuse their potions and accept gratification. “They can get 60 billion rupiahs in one turn. Their collectors could be their children, relatives, in-laws and others. So please do not do it,” he said.

According to him, the ‘position bargaining’ is only a term, whether you take gratification in advance or later on, it still accounts as gratification. “So no matter if you are asking for or not, once you take it, it still means gratification. So, I ask the government to take this as a reference,” he said.

Loading...
;

In this occasion, Adlinsyah also asked the provincial, regional and municipal governments to immediately respond to the Joint Decree (SKB) of three ministers regarding the dismissal of civil servants who proved to be corrupt.

Moreover, he said until now only 12 regencies have responded by reporting the cases, namely Keerom (9), Paniai (4), Mappi (2), Intan Jaya (0) or there is possibly no civil servants involved, Jayawijaya (1), Supiori (10) , Boven Digoel (4), Waropen (14), Sarmi (4), Nabire (6), Biak Numfor (17), and Yapen Islands (3).

“I saw that Biak Regency had the most corruption case. So, I ask the provincial, regional and municipal to respond this SKB immediately,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Deputy Governor of Papua Klemen Tinal said the provincial government had been very responsive and fully supported the implementation of the action plan for the corruption eradication program that is reflected from a number of actions that have been implemented, including the launch of e-Government policies with the integration of e-planning, e-budgeting, e-samsat, e-licensing and e-taxation systems.

“These actions aim to minimize the potential corruption, and the more important is it will give an impact on the better governance,” said Tinal. For this reason, he invited every regional head in Papua to commit and consistently implement the corruption eradication program which designed to build a good, clean, transparent and accountable governance. (*)

 

Reporter: Alexander Loen

Editor: Pipit Maizer

(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

Legal counsel Warinussy: We refute the prosecutor’s indictment and will submit an exception

Published

on

By

Three students Erik Aliknoe, Pende Mirin and Yunus Aliknoe were preparing to attend the indictment reading trial by the prosecutor at the Manokwari District Court. -Jubi/Hans Arnold Kapisa

Manokwari, Jubi – The legal counsel of three students who respectively arrested following the anti-racism protest in Manokwari on 3 September 2019 said he is ready to submit an exception against the public prosecutor’s indictment in the inaugural trial session held at the Manokwari District Court on Thursday (13/2/2020).

The three students took to the court after their involvement as orators and negotiators in a rally to protest the racism against Papuans at Gunung Salju Amban, Manokwari, on 3 September 2019, which attended by hundreds of protestors.

In the indictment, the prosecutor declared that the three defendants had said provocatives and resistance words against the police who were on duty securing the demonstration.

As the results of their provocative words, the protest mob had moved to fight the police by throwing water mineral bottles and stones to the police, causing injuries to the police.

Loading...
;

Meanwhile, Yan Christian Warinussy as the legal counsel team chief said his clients Erik Aliknoe, Pende Mirin and Yunus Aliknoe had not been able to accept the prosecutor’s indictment. Regarding this, his team will submit an exception in the next hearing session.

“We ask for a week to study the indictment as well as to prepare an exception,” said Warinussy.

On the other hand, Benoni A Kombado in the indictment stated that the three defendants had violated the public speech as regulated in article 106 of the Criminal Code in conjunction with article 55 paragraph 1 to 1e of the Criminal Code.

On the request by the legal counsel of the three defendants, the Chair Judge Sonny L.B. Loemurry suspended the trial and said it would be resumed on Thursday, 20 February 2020 with the agenda of hearing the exception by the legal counsel on the prosecutor’s indictment. (*)

 

Reporter: Hans Kapisa

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Headlines

Sayang Mandabayan charged with treason, legal counsellor applying an exception

Published

on

By

The Defendant Sayang Mandabayan during the first trial at the Manokwari District Court with the agenda of the indictment reading by the prosecutor. -Jubi/Hans Arnold Kapisa

Manokwari, Jubi – The Public Prosecutor of the Manokwari District Attorney accused Sayang Mandabayan with treason article 106 in conjunction with article 53 of the Indonesian Criminal Code in the indictment reading at the Manokwari District Court on Thursday (13/02/2020).

In the indictment, the public prosecutor from the Manowari District Attorney General Benoni A. Kambado indicted the defendant Sayang Mandabayan participating as an orator in the anti-racism protest in Sorong City on 19 August 2019 which ended in chaos.

Furthermore, he appointed that with the same intention, the defendant left for Manokwari on 3 September 2019 to attend the similar protest on the same day. However, the police and airport security officers arrested her and seized her luggage at Rendani Airport, Manokwari.

The public prosecutor also mentioned in the indictment that, with her own initiative, Mandabayan had prepared 1,496 miniatures of morning star flag made by paper and stick, 4 pieces of white t-shirts with monkey images and 3 reams of printed song lyrics ‘Dari Ombak Besar’ and ‘Hai Tanahku Papua’.

Loading...
;

Meanwhile, Mandabayan’s legal counsel Metuzalak Awom said he would file an objection against the indictment, given that the location of the trial and the place of detention against his clients are under the jurisdiction of Manokwari.

“We will submit an exception because of the facts mentioned in the indictment were not match with the locus (place) of the incident,” he told Jubi on Thursday (13/2/2020) in Manokwari.

Furthermore, he considered there was an attempt of criminalisation against his client by connecting the incident in Sorong with the arrest of Mandabayan at Rendani Manokwari Airport.

“Whether it would be accepted or not, our exception would clearly be an early indication to the prosecutor’s indictment before we are going into the substantive matter,” he said.

In the meantime, the panel judges chair Faisal Kossah approved the request of Mandabayan’s attorney to conduct an exception.

“We suspend the hearing until next week on 20 February 2020 with the agenda of hearing the exception by the legal counsellor on the prosecutor’s indictment,” concluded Faisal. (*)

 

Reporter: Hans Kapisa

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Headlines

DVI Team identifies 10 victims of crashed MI-17 helicopter

Published

on

By

Illustration Helicopter Bell 412 TNI AD. – Doc. Pendam XVII Cenderawasih

Jayapura, Jubi – Some 10 out of the 12 victims of the MI-17 helicopter that had crashed on Mount Mandala, Oksob Sub-district, Pegunungan Bintang District, Papua Province, have been identified, according to a spokesman.

The victims were identified from their uniform, Col. Infantry Binsar Sianipar, commander of the military regional command (Korem) 172/PWY, stated on Saturday.

Only two victims could not be identified owing to the condition of their bodies. The police’s Disaster Victim Identification (DVI) team will identify them, he added.

Sianipar is currently leading the operation to evacuate victims of the crashed MI-17 helicopter.

Loading...
;

The 10 identified bodies belong to 1st Lt Ahwar, the copilot; 2nd Sgt Dita Ilham; Capt. Bambang, the flight engineer; Capt Haris Afik, the pilot; Chief Sgt Suryatna, T/I; 1st Private Asharul, the mechanic; 2nd Private Sudjono Kaimudin; 2nd Private Yanuar; 1st Private Risno; and 2nd Private Tegar.

The Russia-made military helicopter, operated by the Indonesian Army Aviation Center, with 12 passengers aboard, including five members of the 725 Infantry Battalion/WRG, went missing during its flights from Oksibil to Sentani, Papua, on June 28, 2019.

The ill-fated helicopter is believed to be in a mountainous area at 12,500 feet above sea level, with a slope of around 90 degrees, or perpendicular.

A helicopter, earlier deployed to locate the Mi-17 helicopter, managed to spot it only once while being airborne and was compelled to return to Oksibil owing to bad weather, Sianipar stated, adding that most likely, the rescuers must head to the location on foot. (*)

 

Source: ANTARA

(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Most Read Posts

Latest Post

Advertisement

Trending