TPNPB Victoria Headquarters admit being responsible for the military ambush at Papua-PNG Border – West Papua No.1 News Portal
Connect with us

Headlines

TPNPB Victoria Headquarters admit being responsible for the military ambush at Papua-PNG Border

Published

on

The evacuation of military personnel shot by the resurgent group in Papua on Monday, (30/12/2019). – Jubi/SPC

Jayapura, Jubi – Spokesperson for the West Papua National Liberation Army and Free Papua Movement (TPNPB-OPM), Sebby Sembom, said the organisation’s Victoria Headquarters under Orelek Jikwanak is responsible for the ambush and shooting against the Indonesian soldiers at the Indonesian and PNG Border. The attack which took place at Bewani Baru, Keerom District, Papua, occurred on Monday noon (30/12/2019).

In the press release received by Jubi on Monday evening (30/12/2019), Sembom stated, “We need to clarify that the TPNPB-OPM of the Victoria Headquarters led by Major Jikwanak is responsible for the shooting in Bewani, not by Jefferson Pagawak as addressed in many Indonesian media.”

According to him, the armed ambush against the Indonesian soldiers who were taking logistic supplies at Kali Asin Post in Yeti Village of Arso Timur Sub-district, Keerom District, was part of the national military strategy of free West Papua.

“Therefore, TPNPB officially states that the national warfare for West Papua liberation would apply to all West Papuan territories, from Sorong to Merauke and Samarai,” he said.

Loading...
;

Further, he said this confrontation should occur because OPM and its military wing TPNPB have been and are fighting to get a full right of independence from the Indonesian Government.

“To start a war and an ambush at the Indonesian military post, those who were fully responsible are entire TPNPB leaders in all territories of the Land of Papua,” he said.

In the meantime, Colonel Infantry Binsar Parluhutan Sianipar, the resort military commandant of Praja Wira Yakti/172, said a soldier died because of the bullet hit his chest and went through his back.

A group of ten soldiers was attacked and shot from the height when taking logistic supplies at Kali Asin Post.

“We are not sure whether any members of the resurgent group are wounded because they came from the summit. They (who attacked) were four. They had about three or four weapons,” said Colonel Sianipar. (*)

Reporter: Arjuna Pademme

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 93 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Headlines

HIV/AIDS transmission in Jayapura Regency claimed to decline

Published

on

By

Photo illustration of health services. – Pexels.com

Sentani, Jubi – Jayapura Health Office claims HIV/AIDS cases in Jayapura Regency has declined with only 3,202 cases occurred until last year.

“HIV/AIDS prevention is a complex issue. It would not only the responsibility of the health office, but all parties should contribute in educating the community,” said Pungut Sunarto, the Division Head of Disease Prevention and Management of the Jayapura Regional Health Office, on Tuesday (21/1/2020).

People living with HIV/AIDS in Jayapura Regency are mostly the productive age group ranging from 20-49 years old. There are also infants and children among patients.

“We are always updating the report on people living with HIV/AIDS [in our region]. If not, they would not be able to access the ARV,” said Pungut.

Loading...
;

He further said that the family plays a crucial role in preventing HIV/AIDS transmission. Similarly, he continued, life endurance among people living with HIV/AIDS depends on the support from their closest family.

“Those living with HIV/AIDS who regularly take their medicines (ARV) can reduce their medicine (ARV) can reduce the risk of virus transmission. So, please do not blame and stigmatise them,” said Pungut.

Meanwhile, a Sentani resident Edison Sineri agrees that parents have a significant role in preventing their children from behaviours that likely lead to the transmission of HIV/AIDS and other sexual diseases.

“Currently, young people are easily get involved in promiscuity that difficult to control by parents. It possibly leads them to negative behaviours.” (*)

 

Reporter: Yance Wenda

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Headlines

Lawyers question commitment over Papuan political prisoners’ right

Published

on

By

Three of seven Papuan political prisoners. – Jubi/Piter Lokon

Nabire, Jubi – The Papua Coalition for Law Enforcement and Human Rights urges the attorney general to fulfil the right of health for seven political prisoners detained in Balikpapan, Kalimantan Timur and consider it as a neglection of the prisoners’ rights.

“We release this statement after one of our clients experienced vomiting blood. He had an internal disease issue,” said the Coordinator Emanuel Gobay on Friday (24/1/2020).

The coalition team asks the Papuan Attorney General’s commitment to providing the right of health to the prisoners as previously promised. It never occurred. Indeed, the Attorney General has neglected their family’s right to visit.

“If the seven detainees were in Papua, of course, their family can come to visit and find an alternative for health treatment.

Loading...
;

Therefore, Gobay urges the Attorney General of Papua to recall the seven political prisoners to Jayapura. He said the security issue is no longer relevant as a reason to allocate their trial outside of Papua.

“It is unfair (for the seven detainees) referred that all the trial hearings of anti-racism case held in Papua. All those trials are going well and safe,” asserted Gobay.

Meanwhile, a coalition member Oktovianus Tabuni added that in principle the seven political prisoners are respecting their legal process. However, they want to have their trial in Papua.

“The principle of a trial is to have a timely and low-cost process. Do not let it (the trial) float up like what has been happening now,” said Tabuni. (*)

 

Reporter: Titus Ruban

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 44 times, 2 visits today)
Continue Reading

Headlines

Autonomy budget cut off, Jayawijaya Government reduce supplementary feeding budget

Published

on

By

Photo illustration of milk. -Pixabay.com

Wamena, Jubi – The Government of Jayawijaya Regency has reduced the number of schools to receive funding on the Supplementary Feeding Program (PMTAS). The reduction relates to the Special Autonomy Funds cut off for the PON (the National Games) 2020

Nurlili, an official at the Jayawijaya Village Community Empowerment Office (DPMK), said last year the program was running in five schools in Napua, Maima, Musaftaf, Wita Waya and Wadangku subdistricts.

“There allocate for only two schools this year because of the budget cut off for the PON. We depend on the Special Autonomy Funds for this program,” Nurlili said in Wamena on Tuesday (21/1/2020).

In 2020, the local government plans to implement the program in four sub-districts, namely Asolokobal, Wesaput, Muliama and Tagime. “But, Muliama and Tagime sub-districts are a bit far, so we decided to implement the program in the zone two, namely in SD YPPK Hepuba in Asolokobal Sub-district and SD Inpres Wesaput in Wesaput Subdistrict,” he said.

Loading...
;

The budget allocation for PMTAS Year 2020 reduced from IDR 857 million to IDR 468 million.

However, Nurlili hopes that in February they can conduct training for teachers and women at sub-districts and village levels on healthy food for children.

“At the end of the training, we will purchase some items that are not available in sub-districts and villages to deliver in March. They will be cooking food for the pupils, and we will monitor its implementation. There will be a payment for the cooks, but they should submit the report first,” he said.

In addition to food ingredients, the local government also provides cash for schools to purchase some food from the local markets to help the cash flow of villages and sub-districts.

“This program is very critical because President Jokowi has instructed us to decrease stunting among children. Therefore, we allocate the PMTAS for the primary school children because it is their growth period,” he said. (*)

 

Source: ANTARA

Editor: Pipit Maizier

(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Most Read Posts

Latest Post

Advertisement

Trending